Please reach out to Rocío Vallejo-Alegre ( [email protected] ) if you and your family are interested in participating in our classes or if you would like to tutor with us! More information about the SUNY Geneseo tutor internship program below.
Are you a SUNY Geneseo student interested in gaining internship credit and experience?
Internship Job Description: Cultures Learning TOGETHER, Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization that aims to provide literacy education to ESOL families in our community, while also providing the opportunity for our interns to develop as citizens of the world, experience other cultures, gain teaching experience and practice Spanish as a second language.
TOGETHER is a win-win program. All its participants (community members and interns) learn from each other.
We are planning to work face to face starting in the fall 2021 (pending Coronavirus status). Please take into consideration that adjustments will happen in this transition.
We are looking to hire 9 new interns with the commitment to work with us for a minimum of two semesters (fall 2021 and Spring 2022). The objective is that in fall 2021, the new interns will have the opportunity to team up with the tutors who have been working with us for the last two semesters. This will be a training semester to allow them to learn about the methods we use and interact with the members of our community (our students) to be ready to work independently during the spring of 2022. This is the reason why it is important that the new interns commit a minimum of two semesters (fall 2021 and spring 2022).
SUNY Geneseo – Faculty Director Rob Dicarlo Cultures Learning TOGETHER Inc. – Program Director Rocío Vallejo
Type of Internship: TUTOR Course INTD 395: ( 1Credit – 49 hours) with the following responsibilities:
- Participate in 12 Professional Development Meetings, Wednesdays 2:30 to 3:45
- Develop a syllabus and 12 lessons plans for the semester for the teaching group assigned (1 hour per week).
- Each group belongs to a curricular planning group: Adults (Novice, Intermediate, Advance) or P-12 (Kindergarteners, First graders, Elementary, Pre-teens and Teenagers)
- Implement 12 lessons, two-hour length Sundays 1:00 to 3:00 PM
- Submit syllabus, lessons plans and materials by Fridays at 8:00 am
- Update Students’ files and participate in feedback at the end of the semester.
- Except for the Professional Development Meetings, the Intern has the flexibility to organize the schedule with his/her partner and with the student’s group for the lessons.
We can offer opportunities for 2 Credits (89 hours) and 3 Credits (125 hours). Contact the Program Director if you are interested in more information.